Sunday, April 6, 2008

Follow Through...

What does the phrase 'follow through' mean to you?

To me, this phrase pops up during tennis and golf. 'Follow through' is a term used during my swings, be it to get the tennis ball farther across the court, or to hit the little white ball up and high over the putting ground. It often starts with a back swing, followed by a good hard swing. However, when the follow through is lacking, the ball loses steam. A seemingly good start ends up with a ball at the same side of your court, or a ball barely making the 50m mark.

I guess follow through has always been applicable in our daily lives. Sometimes, we set our foot on the starting point. Only to realize that we've failed to reach the end-point at the end of the day. Otherwise, the 'swing' is accompanied by a half-hearted effort. A follow through becomes necessary for a good and pretty ending. I hope that I'd be able to practice this analogy in my life. Although following through can become so tiring, I'd like to 'grain it into my muscle' till it becomes a habit.

Talking about analogy, thanks to changjie for giving me a very interesting one as quoted from his CS prof. I'll remember about the 'black diamond slope'!

No comments:

Post a Comment