Friday, July 1, 2011

Hello Angeles City!

I arrived at Clark Airport (Diosado Magapagal International Airport) this afternoon with Tiger Air/SE Air. Don’t ask my why but the ticket was booked with Tiger Airways, flight was flown with SE Air. Anyway, flight was pretty decent, and pretty full capacity. The flight took about 1hour+ from Changi Airport to Diosado Magapalgal. Of course, we were asked to alight and make our walk into the terminal. Don’t expect any glitzy airport facilities. Its basically equipped with a baggage collection point, checkout point, immigration gates and ta-da, I see Aunty Merla & MarieVic waiting for me at the exit gate. It felt a little of déjà vu, from 1 ½ years ago when I visited The Philippines. Especially, when Uncle Ben came to pick me up with the red jeepyney van!


Air Strip at Clark Airport

My first snack upon arrival was Banana Cue (sorry, no pic for this!). Its basically bananas fried with some kind of sauce and it turns out crispy, piping hot and SWEET.... I like it!

We arrived at Aunty Merla’s little house that was recently built. Apparently they rushed to build it just in time for me. Its like a cute little studio apartment with a bedroom, small kitchen area and bathroom. I met the 2 kiddos, Jumong & Justin. They are not brothers, Jumong is Justin’s uncle. Yes, uncle, and he’s the younger one. They were really happy to receive the Transformers watch! Jumong is actually Justin's uncle, although he is younger than Justin.

Mong & Tin with the Transformers watches


Jumong & Justin

My favorite furniture: the Bamboo Bench
Don't be deceived by his angelic face. He is a littler monster!!!
Mong

No comments:

Post a Comment