Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Villa Maria - Monkland Village

YEs... i love monkland village as well. HAa.. basically its this stretch of street called monkland avenue or something in the Villa Maria neighbourhood. I saw sooo many cake shops!!! HAah... and cafes.... well, its a little upscale neighbourhood (think Bukit Timah) juz by looking at the cars parked by the sidewalks... hehee...

well, the metro station is something different. Hehhe.. they have seats painted in alternate colours, making the station look all brighg and spurky (is there even such a word spurky? anyway....)! We had a short walk to monkland village from the metro station... the houses are so nice and pretty! i love the neighbourhood.... hahah... nice outdoor cafes, cute dogs (seriously, REALLY cute and hyper dogs), pretty cake places.... hahhaa... a very nice and relaxing atmosphere.... well, we decided to have thai for lunch (at lewis request) and it was not bad. though i said no more asian food for me, i cant really help it since i'm such a democratic person yeah!? at least i wasnt complaining about the food.... i was TOO full to get a cake after that! well, the others couldn really be bothered about my incessant cries for cake anymore. probably immune by now... so i resisted myself and saved the cake money:D heheh... bought some CHEAP apples from the supermarket and i found that they have 'Presidents Choice' cookies! HAHa.. well, thats gonna be my lunch box for the next 3 days:D



Btw, i bought my greyhound tix to NY!!! hahaha... i'm practically dreaming of woodbury.... after hearing so much from shiying... haha.. it better be good! and we found a gem at Berri-Uqam station. A cake haven... HAHaha... my eyes were practically bowled out. again, i resisted myself from buying any! I'm so proud of myself! HAhah.. more like i'm scared of having a cookie-face;)

well, time to hit the books till thurs.... and then...enjoy my early weekend:D

Colours at Villa Maria metro station. Serious, the metro stations normally look dull and grey...
Start of monkland village.... i love their houses.
Cute red tree in the midst of greens....
The first boulangerie i spotted. apparently, this was recommended by shiying which was y i got so excited...
Cho'cola! The cake shop i read in HUi QIn's magazine... i found it! haha.. not bad....

My greyhound bus tix:D
The gem at Berri Uqam station.... seriously, its a WHOLE row of cakes and pies...

Reminds me of KK......

No comments:

Post a Comment