Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm in montreal!

I'm finally in montreal! It didn really hit me till I landed in montreal-trudeau airport. The plane ride was just an arduous and torturous ride with 2 plane changes at Narita (tokyo) & Detroit, and 4 custom clearances. Nevertheless, I'm here in montreal! Ok.. where shall i start. Probably i should make a list:

1. nice pretty victorian house
2. French everywhere!
3. mini singaporean community
4. idenity crisis!

It was nice coming to see a nice and furnished house! you must check out my place... it rocks. All thanks to Kent. I'll post pics soon. i think.. if i get to do it:D Hui Qin & i kinda 'bullied' gab. and took teh bigger rooms for ourselves.. well, i offered to cook for him meals. so yeah... hehehe.. he has to eat whatever i cook though. So yeah... now cindy is totally envious of my place... so yeah... this will be my room for the next 4 months or so...

And... though montreal is really a BILINGUAL (french and ENglish) city (so they say... ) people basically speak french everywhere. They do speak english, but probably minimal english. It's interesting for me though, cos i'll get to recollect my forgotten french from a year ago.

We came to find a WHOLE bunch of singaporeans from NUS: up to 8 of them i guess! well, it felt like we were having a small little singaporean NUS community in montreal. IT was nice to see friendly faces around though, and even more since they've been around for quite some time. So we get their help in adapting to the place. They brough us (hui qin & i) walking around montreal's "Orchard Road" or rather... hmm...i cant remember the name. ANyway.... i'll remember it soon. We saw strip clubs (no, i'm not going into that), ate this famous hot dog in Old Montreal (so called 'le meilleur hot dog' in old montreal), stopped over at the 'International Film Festival' where they were screening international films (open air). People were just sitting around, at provided white chairs or even any available bench or steps to watch teh Big screen. We left after ATTEMPTING to watch it for 10 seconds cos they only had french subs. Well, i attempted to read the french subs, it was all right i guess.

Last but not least, i totally dun feel like an exchange student... more like a touriste, atm. HAHa.. probably i'll get more used to it once school starts (Crossed fingers for my 2 days study week). school only starts in sep4, so i'll still have a couple more weeks to act like a tourist. Till then, i'll just take it easy. Dun worry mummy, ( i know she wont see this anyway) i'll CONTROL my shopping... First thing on my shopping list though: boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment